I woke up this morning to find a Facebook message from my friend and fellow WotF 30 alumni K.C. Norton congratulating me on having the audio story in IGMS.  I knew this was coming, but I had no idea it was coming *today*.  so I immediately set about making sure my website here was up-to-date.  No use having IGMS link to my site if it looks like the rumors of my death are not greatly exaggerated.

It's been an okay year on the short story market.  I sold four stories this year with possibilities for another one or two before the end of December.  Those that have been sold are now listed on my home page. I now have all the qualifying sales needed for SFWA membership--just waiting on a publication date from Galaxy's Edge.

In my last post (Holy cow! 11 months ago?!) I mentioned the problems I was having with my tendons.  Time to give a brief update.

Bad news first: yes, the tendon problems did slow down my writing this year.  It slowed me down at the day-job, too.  for a while there I was in pain any time I had to reach with my left ring or pinky finger to hit keys on the keyboard.

Good news: I think I've finally found a solution that doesn't require surgery.  I've been receiving prolozone therapy from the good folks at Denali Performance Clinic.  I'd never heard of prolozone before--in brief, the injured muscles and ligaments are injected with a bath of pain-killers and vitamins, and then a mixture of oxygen and ozone is forced into the wounded area.  In theory, the oxygen/ozone triggers a healing cascade in the damaged tissue.  In practice -- well, I've been through three injections in the elbow now and it feels better than it has in about two years.  I'm still not back to lifting weights or doing reps on the rowing machine--there are still a few little movements in day-to-day life that cause twinges of pain--but the improvement is more than I had hoped for.

This means there's a lot more writing to come in the days ahead, and I couldn't be happier about that.  One more big thing to be grateful for in this Thanksgiving season.

Comments

12/31/2015 11:10am

Don't toss a lot of too quickly, however. Hold every thing open up regarding concern. Due to determine what pieces may very well be had to complete the main challenge

It's excellent you have upgrade it.thank you.I discovered this is an insightful and intriguing post.

I'm very happy to hear this good news from you!

The following is a tour into the heart of the company and its departments, while highlighting its vision and most importantly

05/10/2016 11:22pm

Publications due to high demand is necessary. However, If you are willing to do work and responsible enough. It has a good result. That's the thing about pain, It demands to be felt. Pain for the bad news and another pain for the good news. Accept and face the challenge in every area of our lives. Be content in what you have. There is so much happiness in this world that you need to contain. Let go and let God. You need to update your lives through publication. This kind of best essays will lean on your own understanding in terms of publication. That's it. Thank you and God bless.

I most likely appreciating each and every bit of it. It is an incredible site and decent impart. I need to much obliged. Great employment! You all do an incredible blog, and have some extraordinary substance. Keep doing awesome.

06/07/2016 12:05am

I'd never heard of prolozone before too!

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.

09/15/2016 3:06pm

Home improvement loans are meant any kind of home improvement projects from simple home repairs to large scale remodeling and major restructuring. Home improvement loans should target both adding value to your home and comfort. spend time in searching for home improvement loans. Your effort will be rewarded in the form of better interest rates and terms. Look for low interest rates and monthly installments.

Clinic On Wheels aims to provide a quick and easy way for users to request home visits from verified Medical Practitioners.

Article Marketing is a powerful tool. When done correctly, the article will receive more traffic for free. I am going to introduce to you the top five article marketing tips for newbies. Following these simple tips will help to maximize the marketing potential in your article.

A gutter is simply a channel or a waterway, on the roof of the building, for carrying off rain water. If you neglect your gutters, the worst thing that can happen is that it can damage your building's foundation. If you have observed that your gutters are not working properly, then you need to clean them up. This task can be done by some professionals that have some kind of expertise in this field.

12/14/2016 1:47am

As we all know the Internet is a constantly growing community. The nature of its use has changed in the past decade

05/21/2017 10:58pm

Home improvement loan is tailored for the UK residents who wish to make improvements in their home. Loan term and the rate of interest on the home improvement loan vary from lender to lender. Estimate the cost that will be incurred in undertaking the home improvement project before you start searching for the best home improvement loan deal. Read the article to learn how a home improvement loan can help you make it easier for you to make the desired changes.

Online business opportunities are incredibly simple to start using, but when you are just starting you also need to have some advice that you can trust to help you build and expand your website. Selling products and services online is actually an industry that involves millions of people around the world, so you have a lot of competition to beat in order to become successful.

06/19/2017 1:49pm

Australia is a big country... it won't hit you how big it is until you blow a tyre on the M1 and have to walk to get help! One of the upsides of all that size, though, is the fact that you can drive for a couple of hours and be somewhere that feels completely different to where you came from, yet has all the same laws and regulations, same language, and same currency.

It is great to hear people pursuing their dream and becoming successful.

08/09/2017 12:28am

Everything should not be disclosed publicly.

Love these kind of publications.